prayers to jesus

Sunday, February 26, 2006

temptation

Hey Jesus,

Paulo Coelho said – the warrior of light is ever ready to plunge into the river of passions. I, tho’ would like to be counted among the warriors, am filled with dark. Temptation is something which sounds so archaic in this 21st century since your arrival. It arrives on wings of suggestive seductiveness. And asks me to postpone coming home to your face for another day while I indulge in this or that pleasure along the way. Usually I fail lord. And wander off road – at times with the fixative stare of a demon who is hell bent on proving his own evil.

But now I listen for the drum beats, hidden under the jungle throb of our concrete lives. If I am coming home for me, I will never make it. If I am coming home because of you I will never see your face. I can only come for my dream, which you have spitted and roasted and salted away in your cellars of eternity. And my friends. And my loves.

1 Comments:

At 3:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Home is where the heart is. Where God is. U r home the moment u want to be.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home