prayers to jesus

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

world peace

Hey Jesus

Was remembering Morgan Freeman playin God in Bruce Almighty and Jim Carrey telling him that he wanted to pray for world peace and MF saying that was an answer expected of beauty pageant chicks.

I’m kinda shy about breaking out my dirty linen in public so I’ll stick with world peace. Hmmm, that’s not it, its more like I’m not too comfortable about praying for private things on a public blog. Closet prayer. Whew! Was feelin guilty about not being completely open out here on the edge of the net-iverse but closet prayer is good enough for personal stuff and world peace is good enough for public blogs.

World peace sounds like a fluff dream lord, especially when you look at the warring factions. Grant us wisdom to yearn for peace with all our hearts. Grant us light to dispel the despairing dark. And if we are talking about world peace lord I want to quote a prayer that I love dearly, I don’t think there is a better prayer than that one yet (If I find any you’ll be the first to know):

Where the mind is without fear and the head is held high
Where knowledge is free
Where the world has not been broken up into fragments
By narrow domestic walls
Where words come out from the depth of truth
Where tireless striving stretches its arms towards perfection
Where the clear stream of reason has not lost its way
Into the dreary desert sand of dead habit
Where the mind is led forward by thee
Into ever-widening thought and action
Into that heaven of freedom, my Father, let my country (planet) awake

I thank you for the author of this poem. Hammered home the lesson that knowledge is free. That the world need not be broken into fragments, that tireless striving is all it takes, that your love for us overflows day in day out.

Bless my planet lord.

PS: I loooove Morgan Freeman’s work.

1 Comments:

At 3:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful prayer - granted too. How many people accept freedom - especially of the mind - even if it is offered on a silver platter?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home